Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wednesday April 22nd


Good morning from a tired Lady. I'm always exhausted when I wake up but then as I get giong I perk up.

Again there was no exercise yesterday as I'm still working hard to get caught up in my house work, I also have some sewing commitments that have to be met.

Breakfast
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup rice milk
2 T. cane sugar
1 t. coconut oil

Some time before lunch I had a bite of Joe's tortilla with hummus. He loves tortilla with hummus and it's such a great snack for him. I just slather the hummus on and roll it up.

Lunch
1 cup home made noodles
Butternut squash sauce
1 cup asparagus

Snack
Blueberry banana smoothie with dates and almond milk. I put too many dates in and it was too sweet so I only drank half of it and passed it off to the vultureskids.

1/2 a tortilla with hummus (Joe's was just too yummy)

Dinner

Kona Chicken - 2 drumsticks
1/2 cup yam
1 cup peas

Snacks
I was still very hungry after supper so I chopped up the left over potatoes and yams and threw them together with the leftover peas and corn and cooked them in rice/almond milk. I then scrambled two eggs and mixed them with some butternut sauce and some corn starch. Then I boiled it all together until the eggs cooked. I had a half a bowl of that and I was good for a while.

Emma made bread dough before she went to bed to I finished it and decided to make Dalen some sticky buns. Instead of giving into the temptation of all of that refined badness I decided to try an "unrefined" healthy spin on sticky buns. They were still made from white, refined flour but you just have to make lemonade people!

I replaced butter with coconut oil
Brown sugar with organic cane sugar
Whipping cream with almond milk.

These are absolutely delish and decided to treat everyone this morning with sticky buns and boiled eggs for breakfast!

I also had 1.5 cups of apple Juice.

I am so happy with my food yesterday! It was an awesome day and I feel really good about it. I am not trying to cut out all sweets, I am a sweets loving girl, I am just trying to cut them back and make them as healthy as I can.

Mr.Travis has a mohawk. He looks incredibly bald in this picture. He isn't it's just that fluffy newly grown in baby hair. Oh well he's still SO incredibly sweet and kissable, especially when he's smiling at my boob me ;)

Oh I think my blog rating just went from a G to an A.


1 comment:

Mrs. Wilson said...

That pita and hummus sounds so SO good. I am hungry.