Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Deal

Nothing has happened. There has been no more dilating and baby is very happy where he/she is. I am going for an ultrasound today to make sure the pool inside of me isn't depleating and that the baby didn't dissapear or loose a limb in the last month or so. I'm pretty sure the baby is still there ;)

The doctor doesn't like that I'm so late. He will be consulting the non-vbac friendly OBGYN today. So please pray that they don't stress me out to much as I will put up a huge fight before I let them even try to interfere without a very good (one of the "baby is going to die" variety) reason. My babies are always late. 10, 11 and 12 days late. And the only time I was induced I ended up with an emergency c-section. I'm just not a big fan. I like my uterus and it's already gone through a lot. I'd like to keep it as happy and healthy as possible for future children....

Did she just say future children?

Yeppers, I sure did. I pray for my womb a lot. I realize that there is a time and a place for intervention and I'm thankful that we have the medical ability to save so many lives in this area. But I am not for doing things unnessicarily. I do not want to limit what God can do with my womb unless there is a really good reason for it. There.

So please pray for peace for my doctor. Help us to be firm but not stupid and to follow God's lead. Dalen is very strongly opposed to any interference and I'm thankful for that. He is also not an emotional thinker and I know that I can trust his judgement in these things. If Dalen says it's time to interfere, I know it is.

With all that said, I'm really not that worried :) This is nothing new for me, but the doctors stress me out some. I'm praying for an advocate on Saturday morning when I go in to see my Dr. again. And can I just say that I absolutely LOVE my doctor. He is incredible and thus far has made very wise decisions for our health. I am SO thankful that God placed him in our lives. This has got to be a very stressful situation for him, so please pray for him as well. Thanks!

No comments: