Friday, June 30, 2006

Orphans and so much more! (VERY BRUTAL HONESTY)

James 1:27
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. "

Click here to listen to When Love Takes You In by Steven Curtis Chapman

I have to admit that this song is a little more than I can handle. At this time in our lives we will not adopt. My heart is for all children everywhere. I love them, I especially ache for those who will forever suffer because of the sexual sin of others. You hear about atrocities to little ones. It takes my breath out of me. I know the pain that comes from these things. To think of a little baby like Emma or Ephrim suffering these things makes me feel like I'm drowning. God has called us to care for these little ones, they have been given to us as a responsability. God tells his people in Jeremiah that he will protect the orphans, what's happened? Has our allmighty God changed? NO! His people are not in action! We are not fulfilling our responsability. This faith is hard, it's painful and it gets ugly. We are dealing with sinful, filthy humans. I periodically see a young man walking down the street we live on wearing a sweater that says "FILTH" He's got it right, we are filthy, aweful, disgusting creatures. The problem is that our world has been telling us for many a year that we should embrace who we are. The minute we think we are worth something we lose sight of the big picture and we forget what comes with the sacrifice Christ made. Christianity is not supposed to be comfortable, it does not involve the perfect home and car, it does not involve the things that we see around us. We are not supposed to want to stay here people!!! The things that God calls us to are not supposed to be easy, taking in a child that has spent the last five years being molested by their uncle isn't glorious, it's not simple and it's deffinately not comfortable, but we're called to it. Some of us for some reason or another CAN'T adopt even though we would love to. Why can't we pray for these children. How does it make you feel when you hear about a man paying 10,000$ to have his way with a 5 month old? Does it break you? Does it make you physically ill?

Now look at your baby.

These are God's children. These little ones who are being tormented, or are starving, we are co-heirs with them, that five month old was your baby sister. If your brother was starving you would feed him no matter what the cost. Please don't forget that we are a speck of sand, and our wants are not more important than anyone elses wants. Please don't think that I'm assuming I've arrived. This is as much for me as it is for you.

God Bless you.

I thank God that he has given me so much compassion but sometimes it would be easier to be hardened to the things of this world. I DO NOT WANT TO BE COMFORTABLE HERE!!!!!!

No comments: