Thursday, January 24, 2008

Buster's Booties

Okay so here is my first attempt at leather booties. I decided to line them with rabbit fur, which is really nice and soft and warm, but, I never want to sew with it again. You can't see a thing! There's just fluff everywhere, all over your clothes and in your eyes and up your nose! And in the way of your seam. These turned out okay but I think I can do better with a different liner. Also I'll post a picture of the slippers stuffed.

I made the slippers with the wide version of the patter and man they are really wide!!!
So here you go.






3 comments:

starla said...

i like the boot part but i actually don't like the look of the rabbit fur.

Anonymous said...

Both pairs look so comfy and warm. Good job!! You can't tell from the finished project that the rabbit fur was hard to sew with. :)

Unknown said...

I'm also not a huge fan of the rabbit fur. But they will be so stinking warm and soft for him to wear so it'll be worth it. I bough more fabric for lining another pair the other day and I think that it's going to look much better, esp. since I'll be able to actually see what I'm sewing!