Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Dr. Appointment

So I had my five month checkup at the doctor yesterday. I was VERY (read almost exploding with giddiness) excited to find that I'd only gained .3 of a kg in the last month. My doctor informed me that I was measuring 27 weeks instead of 22 then I informed him that it's my fourth baby and there's a fairly substantial hybernation layer that's formed on my tummy ;) he agreed, in a very funny way by saying to me "I didn't say a thing!" I really love my doctor and hope that he will be able to deliver this little guy.


As for a name... there still isnt' one.. there's barely enough time to think that there's a baby at all. Although I am managing to get all the stuff I need.. and to filter out and sweet baby girl things I managed to collect in the first few months... sigh... pink...


My 22 week report.

Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn, checking in at 10.9 inches and almost 1 pound. Her skin will continue to appear wrinkled until she gains enough weight to fill it out, and the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her head and body is now visible. Her lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath her gum line. Her eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks pigment. Eyelids and eyebrows are in place, and her pancreas, essential for hormone production, is developing steadily.

So there are now only 18 weeks left. Some may think that still a long time... not his Momma. There are so many things that are going to have to happen in those weeks, Ephrim's birthday, getting ready for Christmas, our anniversary, Adon's birthday, Christmas, and then starting school again and finishing as much school as possible. One bonus is that my friend Karen dropped off a big box of diapers that I had leant her that I had forgotten about so I'm not going to have to sew diapers... unless I really want to for some reason. And I realized that I have a brand new hammock that I had made for someone and the never used it... so I don't have to make one of those either. That's a load off my mind right now. Diapers are a huge job. I do have a new diaper pattern coming though so I may end up doing a few anyway.

Well I think that's all for now. I have a lot to do today... hehe ... as usual... hopefully I'll get it done this time. I'm going to head up to my mom's to help her pull her garden, should be a good day.

3 comments:

Darci said...

Aww! I can't believe you are that far along. So many babies! I'm soo glad, then there is no reason for me to have one for a few years :)

starla said...

your pregnancy seems to be flying by! have you figured out what to do with the peppers yet?

Unknown said...

It is flying by Starla! It's kinda nice. The peppers have all been chopped (well not all but mostly all) and are currently freezing on cookie sheets in the freezer. Then I'm going to double bag them and just take out what I need when I'm cooking.