Monday, August 20, 2007

Tonights results

Okay so the broccoli would have been okay accept I think my broccoli was in the freezer for too long and it had a weird flavor, that and I used too much broccoli so I wasn't able to taste the sauce too much. The croutons were a big hit and Adon asked for seconds on the salad, which has never happened, unfortunately Emma was already eating the rest of it from the bowl ;)

The fish was good but I ended up marinading it too long so it was extra sweet... I would say only merinade it for a half an hour tops.. I did an hour and a half. Just in case you're wondering I don't screw up everything I make :)

Hopefully tonights culinary project will go well....
Chewy Chocolate Cookies II
INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 cups margarine, softened
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, cream together margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in walnuts. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

I'm really craving chocolate right now... I'd really like a Mint Aero or a Big Turk (I really don't like the name but it tastes good :P)

I'll let you know how it goes... Dawn I would love to have the recipe for the black bean chilli.. Dalen would never eat it but the kids and I could.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I will write you a message on Facebook with the recipe. It is really yummy.