Friday, July 07, 2006

I'm taking a week off.

Well it's official! I'm burnt out! After a week of full days everyday I am done. I didn't even have time to clean this week. So that started today. I have a wedding to go to tomorrow but other than that, I'm not leaving the house, unless it's to do something fun! There is a lot of sewing and cleaning and baking to be done here. Not to mention the packing away of all of the kids toys.

I have realized that my children seem to think that they are above me, they don't take me seriously. Adon always has this high and mighty look in his eye when I dicipline him and Emma, well Emma is a few things, extremely dramatic, very conceited and obsessed with anything princess. She is so focused on the way that she looks that she will sit in front of a mirror aplying lip gloss, ALL DAY!!! You may think I'm being sarcastic, but I'm not at all. The other day she told one of our friends "You're not pretty" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened?!?!?!?!?!

Any advice would be SO welcome. I know that we put far too much attention on the way that she looked because I wanted to make sure that she knew she was beautiful, apparently we took it a little to far, and the fact that she is a pretty little girl and hears it all the time does not help.

So step one is to get rid of everything princess, all of her dress up things, purses, sunglasses (of which she has five pairs or so) hair pretties, chap stick, perfume and the like. Now please don't think that I take my child makeup shopping, any of you that know me will know that I am EXREMELY conservative and dont' wear makeup myself, she just ends up with it from other people. So it's all going. She is going to be plain, and learn that people still love her and think that she's wonderful. If that doesn't get us anywhere than I will just have to ask for some devine intervention (any devine interventors out there?).

Step two will be to pack away everything but the K'nex, lego and coloring stuff. It's all going. These kids of mine have been spoiled and they're going to know what it's like to entertain themselves and play! This will be the first step in taking them down a notch.

I know it sounds aweful when I say "Taking them down a notch" but honestly it needs to be done, they are assuming they have a right to toys and lip gloss, they are telling me what will be done and when, well I'm done with it and it's going to change.

WOAH! sorry about that, just had to justify myself for a minute.

So on top of that Eprhim is starting to cut his MOLARS! What is with this little baby, he's nine months old!!!!
So if any of you are wondering, I am still up for company this week, especially since the house will be wonderfully clean, so please come by, unless I don't know you and unless I'm home alone and you're a man (very conservative). I have many varieties of tea and I even have coffee (it's a small miracle) so please come see me and sew something, I'll teach you if you want!

God Bless you this weekend! Have fun!!!

No comments: