Saturday, January 31, 2009

Please, please, please WATCH THIS!

Okay I'm really not the green peace, tree hugging type. But I do believe that we have a biblical responsability to care for the earth that God has given us. I also believe that the society we are living in today teaches us the opposite of the bible. It is a society focused on "stuff" and how much of it we can get and what we can do to get it. We are supposed to go without the stuff and "Store up our treasures in heaven" after all "everything is meaningless". We are chasing after the wind. I'm not sure about everything on the webpage that I have linked to in the blog title but I can tell you I totally agree with the video on the blog. It'll be worth the 20 minutes to watch. Let your kids watch it! It's clean ;) Just click on the title and it will take you to the page.

The Story of Stuff.

2 comments:

joni said...

good one. sad, but too true.

makes one think a wee bit more before purchasing some 'stuff'.


i ordered a copy for my school...

Stephanie said...

It's been probably a year since I've watched it. Should probably again! :)
Thanks for the reminder.